Constanze Kurz and Frank Rieger (Chaos Computer Club) will discuss with Dmytri Kleiner (Telekommunisten Network)
The Price and Value of Free Culture
One has to deal with issues of freedom, creativity, participation and property when one releases content on the Net. Despite providing personal data to (advertising) platforms, there is the wish to exchange content and form genuine social networks. Can there be cultural commons through the internet? What’s the idea behind Copy-Left, and how can content producers and artists still survive economically?
Constanze Kurz and Dmytri Kleiner will discuss concepts like: the Creative Commons, the newly released CCC Kulturwertmark, and the „venture communism“ proposed by the Telekommunist Network.
Constanze Kurz is a computer scientist and author, who works especially on surveillance technology. She and Frank Rieger are spokespersons of the Chaos Computer Club and together they published „Die Datenfresser“ a book on data privacy protection.
Dmytri Kleiner is a software developer working onprojects investigating the political economy of the Internet, and the ideal of workers’ self-organization of production as a form of class struggle. He is a founder of the Telekommunisten Collective and recently released The Telekommunist Manifesto through the Institute of Network Cultures.
is a lecture series on models of resistant economies in art and cultural work.
“The State (…) is a condition, a certain relationship between human beings, a mode of human behavior; we destroy it by contracting other relationships, by behaving differently.” Gustav Landauer
- 24.11.11 Oliver Clemens: Common City
- 10.01.12 Natascha Sadr Haghighian: SOLO SHOW – On questions of authorship, division of labour and value added in contemporary art
- 26.01.12 Constanze Kurz, Frank Rieger (Chaos Computer Club) and Dmytri Kleiner (Telekommunisten Network): The Price and Value of Free Culture
- 02.02.12 Société Réaliste:Invest / Invent
- 25.02.12 And the houses were empty – Inputs on the Crisis
- 17.04.12 Brett Bloom (Temporary Services): Radical space for art
- 24.04.12 Åsa Sonjasdotter: Potato Perspective and notions on formal and informal circulation of knowledge