We keep hiring new members for our collective!
Interflugs is a collective at the Universität der Künste Berlin led by students. We organize equipment to lend, rooms for video and sound editing, project funding, workshops, lectures, etc. We try to channel the resources of this privileged academic context in a way that could challenge its own discriminatory structures.
Please apply if you enjoy collective working, self-organization, and politics surrounding education accessibility. Experience in managing administrative tasks/ paperwork and technical skills will be a plus, as well as your political engagement and expertise in working in self-organized groups. We especially encourage applicants who are marginalized or/ and experience oppression based on (or assumptions about) their gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, class, religion, sexual orientation or through other forms of discrimination.
IMPORTANT! For an application for a tutor position as a student, you have to:
- be enrolled in a German university;
- have at least 3 semesters ahead.
Some of the main tasks are:
- the paperwork organization, taking care of budgeting and document management, in particular, reimbursement and honorary contracts workflow. Communicating with UdK administration on these matters
- technical support and the organization of the Interflugs equipment rental and the sound/ video editing rooms, printing lab;
- organization of interdisciplinary, artistic, theoretical, political, and technical workshops and lectures;
- debate around academic and educational politics, work on self-organized seminars, colloquium, and other student initiatives;
- coordination of the project funding and finance;
- communication within the university and beyond. Networking and exchange with other self-organized groups and collectives.
In general, you should…
- have a basic understanding of organizing paperwork and communication with administrative structures of German universities;
- have a basic knowledge of audiovisual technology;
- bring in ideas for new projects and actions;
- be engaged, independent, and idealistic, be able to self-organize and follow up on your tasks;
- write and speak German;
- speak English;
- be available for the regular working time on Monday between 12 am-8 pm.
Please send your application and a motivation letter by September 2, 2023 to email@example.com with the subject “Stelle”’.
We are looking forward to meeting you!