Inteflugs is looking for a student tutor and a fee-based tutor starting from the 1st of September 2015 (both 40 hours a month).
These vacancies are for joining the Interflugs team and for the continuation of the Freie Klasse.
Interflugs is a self-organized group organized by students at the Universität der Künste Berlin. With a budget from the University we organize equipment to lend, editing rooms, project funding, workshops, lectures and so on. We try to channel the resources of this privileged academic context in a way that could challenge its own discriminatory structures. You can find out more about us here: interflugs.de
Please apply if you enjoy collective working, self-organization and academic politics. Technical skills and interest in digital film editing and image and sound equipment would be a plus, as well as a political engagement and experience working in self-organized groups. We’re particularly pleased to receive applications from people who are discriminated against by the majority society, and especially from women*.
Some of the main tasks are:
- debate around academic and educational politics, organization of self-organized seminars and colloquia, the continuation of the Freie Klasse, the Fakultät Null and other student initiatives;
- organization from interdisciplinary, artistic, theoretical, political and technical workshops and lectures;
- technical support and the organization of the Interflugs equipment rental and the video/film editing rooms;
- coordination of the project funding and the finances;
- communication within the university and beyond.
For an application for the tutor position with a contract as a student you should:
- be immatriculated in a german university;
- have at least 3 semester ahead;
- not be in a Masters studycourse or beyond;
- have a german tax number.
For an application for the fee-based self-employed tutor position you should:
- have a german tax number.
In general you should:
- like to bring ideas for new projects and actions;
- content filled ideas and interests for seminars and lectures in the framework of the Freie Klasse;
- like to cook together;
- be engaged, independent and idealistic;
- have a basic understanding of german language (although it is not important that you speak/write it perfect);
- send you application and a motivation letter until the 12th of July 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Stelle”;
- have time for an interview on the evening of 20th of July 2015 (between 17h and 22h).
We are looking forward to meet you!
During the semester break the equipment loans, the office, and the editing rooms will be open / attended during the following days:
- 20. Juli
- 3. August
- 17. August
- 31. August
- 14. September
- 28. September
- 12. Oktober
After that again regularily every monday.
We have new opening hours!
From the 4th of May 2015 on, our office, the editing lab, and the equipment loans open at 12am already. En detail:
- Office: Monday 12am – 5pm, room 9e.
- Equipment loans: : Monday 1pm – 4pm (Return: 1pm – 2pm, Rental: 2pm – 4pm), room 33.
- Editing lab: Monday 12am – 5pm, room 9a und 9c.
Our Plenum will take place between 5pm bis 7pm in room 9.
Die Ausleihe ist vom
16. Dezember 2014 – 4. Januar 2015
Ab dem 5. Januar 2015 ist wieder wie üblich geöffnet.
Wie immer ist die Rückgabe zwischen 14:00 und 15:00, zwischen 15:00 und 18:00 können Geräte ausgeliehen werden. Mehr über die Ausleihe findet ihr hier.
These are the dates the equipment loans is open during the semester break:
- 21. Juli
- 04. August
- 18. August
- 01. September
- 15. September
- 29. September –> all the equipment has to be returned for the INVENTORY!
- 13. Oktober —> from then on we open weekLY again
Between 29. September and 13. October we do the yearly inventory- No renting in that period.
As usual please bring equpment back between 14:00 and 15:00. New rentals can be made between 15:00 and 17:00. More info here.