Interflugs is looking for two student tutor positions (40h/month)
(starting from March 2022)
Interflugs is a collective situated at the Universität der Künste Berlin organized by students. With a budget from the University we organize equipment to lend, editing rooms, project funding, workshops, lectures and so on. We try to channel the resources of this privileged academic context in a way that could challenge its own discriminatory structures.
Please apply if you enjoy collective working, self-organization and politics surrounding education accessibility. Experience dealing with administrative processes and communication will be a plus, as well as political engagement and expertise working in self-organized groups. We especially encourage applicants who are marginalized and experience oppression based on (or assumptions about) their gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, class, religion or through other forms of discrimination.
IMPORTANT! For an application for a tutor position as a student you have to:
- be matriculated in a German university as full-time student;
- have at least 3 semesters ahead.
We practice a rotation system regarding work responsibilities in Interflugs, but some of the main tasks are:
- technical support and the organization of the Interflugs equipment
rental and the sound/ video editing rooms;
- organization of interdisciplinary, artistic, theoretical, political
and technical workshops and lectures;
- debate around academic and educational politics, organization of self-organized seminars and colloquium and other student initiatives;
- coordination of the project funding and the finances
- the paperwork organization, taking care of budgeting and document management, in particular, reimbursement and honorary contracts workflow. Communicating with UdK administration on these matters
- communication within the university and beyond. Networking and exchange with other self-organized groups and collectives
The main working time is Mondays from 12h to 20h.
In general you should…
- have a basic understanding of computer hard-/software;
- have a basic understanding of audiovisual technology;
- like to bring ideas for new projects and actions;
- bring in ideas and interests for seminars and lectures;
- like to cook together;
- be engaged, independent and idealistic;
- write and speak German;
- speak English;
- be availible for the regular working time on Monday between 12am-8pm.
As we are self-organized much of the described framework can be debated and changed due to the needs of Interflugs workers. We invite you to ask about this in the application and let us know about your accessibility needs!
What you can expect:
- Amicable colleagues with different Mother languages, interests, skills;
- collective working structure;
- pleasant working atmosphere and cooking together (as soon as COVID allows);
- trial period of three months;
- payment through TV Stud III (collective working agreement of student workers in Berlin);
- core working time on Mondays between 12am-8pm.
Please send your application and a motivation letter until 17.01.2022 to buero(a)interflugs.de with the subject ‘Stelle’.
We are looking forward to meet you!